The highlights of the Tuesday (January 10, 2023) meeting of the Franklinton Mayor and Board of Aldermen meeting were 1) presentation of employee of the year awards and 2) the Mayor's review of past accomplishments and future plans.
Employees recognized were Jordan Brady (Fire Department), Rita Hawthorne (Front Office), David Pigott (Maintenance), and Christopher McElveen (Police Department). See the video beginning at 13:45.
Mayor Route, beginning at 22:25 into the video, reviewed accomplishments of the current Board since 2021 and plans for the future.
In other business, the Board
- ratified and awarded the bid to Barriere Construction Co., LLC for asphalt street improvements
- approved an alcohol permit for Greenlaw Store LLC
- authorized the Mayor to sign an intergovernmental agreement between the Town and Washington Parish Government
- introduced an ordinance to change the name of 18th Avenue to T. J. Butler, Sr, Drive
- introduced an ordinance to change the name of a portion of Williams Street to Rayfus Martin Drive
- approved the hiring of Justin Dicarlo as fulltime POST police officer
After providing an opportunity for Public Participation and Aldermen comments, the meeting adjourned. The next meeting will be at 6:30 PM on January 24, 2023.