Resolutions were approved to assist the Town of Franklinton, Village of Varnado, and the Village of Angie at the meeting of the Washington Parish Council Monday (February 22, 2021) evening. The resolutions were in the form of Intergovernmental Agreements to assist the entities with labor and equipment. A similar resolution was approved to assist the City of Bogalusa at the last meeting of the Parish Council.
In other business, the Council
- approved a resolution to facilitate the council chambers renovation project not to exceed $125,000
- heard a report from Entergy representative Patrick Hamby on progress to reduce the noise levels at the power plant near Bogalusa. See our report and the video at https://www.mthermonwebtv.com/2021/02/entergy-report-to-wp-council-on-power.html
- heard from Frankie Crosby (beginning at 18:15 into video of the meeting) regarding Community Cleanup Day scheduled for March 27th, an informational seminar on expungements on March 20th hosted by District Attorney Warren Montgomery, and a bicycle parade for Easter weekend that is being planned
- heard a report from President Richard Thomas (beginning at 27:45 into video of the meeting) regarding the severe weather last week, an update on COVID-19 deaths, positivity rates, and vaccinations in the parish, and recognition of Robert “Bob” Hicks day
- heard a reports from Finance Director Donna Graham (beginning at 33:55 into video of the meeting), Public Works Director Ken Wheat (beginning at 37:55 into video of the meeting), Bridge Inspector Alex Sumrall (beginning at 42:20 into video of the meeting), and Transportation Manager Donnell Merritt (beginning at 45:25 into video of the meeting).
Following Council comments, the meeting adjourned.