The Franklinton Mayor and Board of Aldermen met Monday (February 21, 2022), the highlight being a presentation by the Mayor to Cecealine “Pepe” Tate celebrating the 45th year of the Krewe of Pepe. Go to https://vimeo.com/680536167 for Mayor Route's and Mr. Tate's remarks.
In other business,
- a Public Hearing was held and the Board voted to approve Ordinance #1083, an ordinance authorizing the issue of $2,065,000 sales tax revenue bonds.
- Alderwoman Crain reported that she had met and discussed issues regarding trash pickup with the Amwaste Operations Manager. She concluded the report by saying that she believes Amwaste is working hard and that she looks forward to working with them. (See the video beginning at 13:50)
- The Board authorized the Mayor to sign an engagement letter for LaPorte CPA's and Business Advisors to provide the 2020-2021 compilation report.
- The Board authorized the Mayor to sign a resolution appointing the Mayor and Alderman Crain to represent the Town on the Louisiana Municipal Natural Gas Purchasing and Distribution Authority Board.
- The Mayor and Board appointed Brandon LaSalle as Franklinton Fire Chief.
- March was proclaimed Problem Gambling Awareness Month.
- A financial report was provided by Municipal Clerk Ellen Waskom.
- Approved the hire of Officer Dillon at the Franklinton Police Department.
Aldermen and the Mayor concluded with additional remarks. The Mayor remarked on the need for additional volunteer firemen and the need to increase the pay for town employees, naming a committee to conduct a study of the issue.