If you did not see video of the Bogalusa Council meeting of November 7, 2023 streamed live on our Facebook page, here it is.
- heard from Lorraine Bourn regarding the Bogalusa Library Literacy Project (beginning at 3:00 into the video)
- adopted five resolutions (beginning at 11:05 into video of the meeting): one regarding jail inmate housing, three regarding Community Development Block Grants, and one regarding Brand Guidelines. Most of these resolutions received lengthy discussions and comments from council members, the mayor, and the public.
- introduced one ordinance (beginning at 43:35): AN ORDINANCE authorizing an Intergovernmental Agreement between the City of Bogalusa and The Bogalusa City School District, and
- tabled the introduction of two ordinances: 1) AN ORDINANCE authorizing the mayor to enter into a Professional Service for Public Management and Design Amended Agreement with Situs Development Collective, LLC. 2) AN ORDINANCE authorizing the mayor to enter into a Lease Agreement with Northshore Charter School, INC, and
- opened the Agenda to introduce another ordinance, the wording of which was unclear but regarded payment of a judgment in a lawsuit against the Mayor and the City.
- heard from the public during Public Participation (beginning at 47:00 into video of the meeting). The first to speak was Dee Dee McCullough spoke regarding the Northshore Charter School lease. Others spoke on a variety of issues.
During Administrative Remarks, City Attorney Kelvin May spoke about his campaign for State Representative (beginning at 1:14:00). Following his remarks, Mayor Truong spoke (beginning at 1:19:40 into the video).
Council members provided closing comments and the meeting adjourned.
The next meeting will be on November 21, 2023 at 5:30 P.M.