Chief Jimmy Travis says Self was taken into custody on Wednesday July 5, 2023 at his residence in St. Helena Parish, after a tip led to his identification as the suspect. Upon being located, Self was found to be in possession of property belonging to the Tangipahoa Parish Landfill and the security guard.
Self was booked into the St. Helena Parish Jail on numerous charges before being released and extradited to the Tangipahoa Parish Jail
Self is currently being held in the Tangipahoa Parish Jail on the following charges:
- (1) count - Aggravated Second Degree Battery
- (1) count - Aggravated Kidnapping
- (1) count - False Imprisonment
- (1) count - Armed Robbery
- (1) count - Business Burglary
- (2) counts - Vehicle Burglary
- (1) count - Felony Possession of Stolen Property
- (3) counts - Convicted Felon in Possession of a Firearm
Chief Travis extends his sincere "Thank You" to the St. Helena Parish Sheriff's Office for their assistance in taking Self into custody.
***All persons accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty***