Washington Parish School System wants to ensure all parents that their children’s safety is very important to us. Due to the Governor’s Mask Order, everyone must wear a mask. WPSS has put into place that students in PK-12 will wear masks until the Governor’s Mask Order is lifted. Louisiana remains in Phase 3 which allows schools to return to “normal” operations. Our number one priority is the safety, health, and well-being of your child, our staff, and our community. Our staff works very hard to sanitize and make sure the schools are clean each day for your child. Face-to-face instruction is important for children mentally and socially. Our staff members are looking forward to seeing our students on Friday, August 6.
• Masks will be required for students in grades PreK-12 and all employees for indoor activities.
• PreK students will wear masks on the bus and transitioning in the hallway. They will not be required to wear masks while in the classroom.
• Facial coverings are required of all drivers and all passengers on school buses per Presidential Order.
• Temperature checks will not be required upon entering the campus; however, they will occur if school officials suspect a student or employee may have fever. Persons with a fever will be sent home, and they will be asked to remain off campus until they are free of fever for 24 hours.
• All classrooms, buses, restrooms and “high-touch” surfaces on campuses will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected daily.
• Isolations will be required of all positive cases.
• Isolations can end after 10 days without testing if the person is not exhibiting symptoms.
• Contact tracing and quarantine guidelines for individuals potentially exposed in a school setting will be followed according to these circumstances:
-Close contacts for those who are fully vaccinated and remain asymptomatic will NOT be required to quarantine.
-Close contacts for those not vaccinated who were not wearing a mask at the time of exposure, and/or the positive case was not wearing a mask, will be required to quarantine.
-All close contact quarantines are subject to the same return policy as positive cases – they may return if symptom-free without a test after 10 days.
For more information, visit the Washington Parish School System Facebook page
A graphic of the differences in Phase 1, Phase 2, and Phase 3 is presented below