UPDATED TO ADD NIELSEN'S PHARMACY!Washington Parish Government advises that Creel's Pharmacy (985-848-5555) in Pine, Sumrall Pharmacy (985-986-4433) in Angie and Nielsen's Pharmacy (985-732-7481 in Bogalusa are receiving the COVID-19 vaccination and interested citizens that are 70 years of age and older are encouraged to call these pharmacies to put their name(s) on the waiting list.
Please do not go to the pharmacies without an appointment.
Also, the Bogalusa Health Unit is expected to receive an allotment of vaccinations for those 70 years of age and older. Citizens can call 985-732-6615 for more information.
For vaccine locations in other areas, click https://ldh.la.gov/covidvaccine-locations/
For Frequently Asked Questions, click https://ldh.la.gov/index.cfm/faq/category/138
The Louisiana Department of Health is coordinating the COVID-19 vaccine distribution effort in Louisiana. As more vaccines become available from the CDC, more individuals and groups will be offered a vaccination.
Currently, these vaccines will be available only for:
- Persons ages 70 years or older in the community,
- Outpatient clinic providers and clinic staff,
- Urgent care clinic providers and staff,
- Community care clinic providers and staff,
- Behavioral health providers and staff,
- Dialysis providers and patients,
- Home health service providers and recipients,
- Dental providers and staff, and
- Students, residents, faculty and staff of allied health schools (if not already receiving vaccine or in a plan to receive from their respective schools)