In addition to acting on routine matters during their May 22, 2017 meeting, the Washington Parish Council
- Made an appointment to Fire Protection District Number Five Board of Directors
- Made an appointment to Recreation District Number One Board of Directors
- Was advised by Darryl Peterson that the Republican Executive Committee had adopted highways 16, 21, and 25 and would pick up trash on the third Saturday of each month and invited all to join them. They picked up 14 bags of trash on a ½ mile section of Hwy. 21 on May 20, 2017.
- The lobby on the top floor of the courthouse is being retiled and painted
- Monuments are being cleaned at Poole's Bluff where there will be a Memorial Day ceremony beginning at noon.
- Speed limits on parish roads was discussed.
- Finance Director Donna Graham announced that Washington Parish Government is now “debt free”, having paid off the remainder of the revenue bond indebtedness on May 1, 2017. The announcement received a round of applause.
- Received a report that 146 bags of trash had been picked up and other work was done by road crews.