During the Washington Parish Council meeting Monday (August 14, 2017) meeting, the Council
- introduced two ordinances (Public Hearings on August 28, 2017), one was a routine ordinance required to levy taxes and a second ordinance accepting Carriage Lane as a parish road.
- adopted a resolution to enter into an intergovernmental agreement with the City of Bogalusa relative to adjudicated properties.
- approved the appointment of Robert Klerk to the Board of Directors of the Mt. Hermon Water District.
- heard an update from Gary Parker on the Pearl River log jam and on developments affecting the Pearl River canal (beginning at 10:00 into the video).
- heard reports from President Thomas and his staff (beginning at 29:20 into video of the meeting). President Thomas advised that the animal shelter would be discussed at an upcoming Infrastructure meeting, advised that a bridge was completed at RCC, explained problems with and work done on the Swamp Road bridge, reported on improvements done in the Angie community, reported on a decline in losses of signs, and expressed condolences to the family of recently deceased civic leader Merlin Duke.