The City of Bogalusa and The Bogalusa Police Department, along with multiple agencies from the
Northshore area, will be hosting the upcoming MCCA 2024 Parade. The Parade will roll on February 10, 2024 at 1:00 P.M.
The Parade Route will be closed to ALL traffic at 12 Noon. Please get to your location early.
The Bogalusa Police Department Administration would like to sincerely thank all of the outside agency officers who come and work our parade with us. We couldn’t do it without your help.
The public is asked to follow the rules set in place by the City of Bogalusa (See Below) and obey the law. Police will be enforcing the law, to include not only the patrons and spectators, but also the parade riders and drivers. No Nudity, No Profane Music Lyrics, No Underaged Drinking, and the Tractor Operators are expected to be sober and not consuming alcoholic beverages or narcotics.
Let’s keep the parade route unobstructed by parked vehicles, trailers, or other things, in order to allow the parade to move freely through the route. Obstructing Vehicles will be towed.
Don’t drink and drive, and have a Happy and Safe Mardi Gras.
CITY OF BOGALUSA MARDI GRAS RULES (Copied from City Facebook Page)
- Vehicles cannot park along the MCCA parade route earlier than 72 hours before and 12 hours after a parade. The marking of city right of way is also not permitted within 72 hours.
- You cannot sell anything along the parade route without a proper rolling vendor permit. Contact the permit office at 985-732-6211.
- Do not throw objects or interfere with participants in the parade.
- Rowdy/obnoxious behavior, fighting, and nudity will not be tolerated. This includes profanity or loud music with profanity.
- Underage drinking (alcohol) will not be tolerated.
- Animals are not allowed within 150 feet of the parade route.
- No glass bottles.
There will be officers in uniform and undercover along the parade route looking for violations.
The goal is to ensure a safe and fun Mardi Gras for everyone!