• Represent the people of Washington Parish to the best of my ability by listening to and honoring the wishes of my constituency, and putting personal biases aside to truly represent.
• Work to unite people from all political parties and all walks of life to build a better government and State for the common good of all Louisiana residents, and discourage division amongst people.
• Promote infrastructure like a 4 lane highway to connect US98 to I12 and a 4 lane highway to connect I55 to I59, creating a “bone structure” to give a foundation to build economic growth, create good paying jobs, raise per capita income and standard of living, and expand our tax base to help our local governments without further burden to our taxpayers.
• Battle for Capital Outlay funds and grants for our municipalities, Parish Government, and local governing bodies, and constantly remind the Louisiana State Government that Washington Parish and its municipalities are as much a part of Louisiana as Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Shreveport.
• Fight to get the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to uphold their moral and legal obligation to maintain the Pearl River System in accordance with the 1899 Rivers and Harbors Act, work to put the canal in a safe, stable, and sustainable condition, and insist that a valve system be placed in the decommissioned locks to provide emergency flood water relief.
• Engage the legislature to create a set of fair standards that is appropriate for rural, municipal, and urban fire districts, more oversight to PIAL (agency that rates fire districts for insurance purposes), and ensure more savings in premiums to homeowners and businesses.
• Create an atmosphere for opportunity for our workforce to work and use their talents here and children to grow in a wholesome and nurturing environment here.
• Suggest a statewide task force be assembled to look at ways to improve the DMV to work better for the public and DMV employees.
• Listen to the needs of local government and try to determine a strategy to meet those needs.
• Encourage a government where everyone has a say, where everybody's voice is heard, and the free exchange of ideas can be realized.
• Be available to the constituency!
• Be for invoking eminent domain on any individual's private property, especially the very people I'm supposed to be representing, for the forceful appropriation of ultimately private non-governmental development projects.
• Skirt ethics laws to allow board, panel, or commission member's friends & family to profit from that board member's position.
• Bully, threaten, or strong arm local governmental officials into compliance with my will.
• Abuse the powers, authorities, and responsibilities given to me by the voters of Washington Parish to immorally, illegally, or unethically prosper from my position or cause my cronies to do so.
• Tolerate the despicable act of gerrymandering of district lines by any political party, group, or organization.
• Work as or for a lobbyist or special interest group or groups nor permit manipulation or corruptive influence by such.
Vote for Perry Talley
for State Representative
Jacob Perron “Perry” Talley
Contact Information – Home: (985) 732-4755 / Emergency: (985) 730-3967
•Born: October 12, 1972
•Married to Michele H. Talley with two children, Vivian and Samuel
•Address: 59040 Hwy 1074 Bogalusa, LA 70427
Louisiana State University and A&M – Baton Rouge, LA
•Completed College of Agriculture degree of Bachelor of Science – May 17, 1996
Minor- Animal, Dairy, and Poultry Science
•Coursework in Rural Development
•The RIO Company Unlimited, LLC., Owner / President & C.E.O., 2000-Present
•Commercial Farmer, 1986-Present
•Washington Parish Fire District 7, Board Member, 2022-Present, Chairman 2023
•Washington Parish Library System, Board Member, 2023
•Washington Parish Watermelon, Fruit, and Vegetable Association- Washington Parish Watermelon Festival, President, 2021-Present
•Washington Parish Government Councilman- District 1, 2016-2020, Chairman of the Council, 2018-2019
•State of Louisiana- Pearl River Basin Task Force, 2017-2020
•Washington Parish Charter Commission, 2017-2019, Chairman 2018-2019
•Washington Parish Government Personnel Committee, 2019-2020, Chairman 2017-2018
•Washington Parish Solid Waste Committee Chairman, 2016-2017 and 2019-2020
•Washington Parish Government Infrastructure Committee, 2016-2020
•Washington Parish Government Finance Committee, 2016-2020
•Washington Parish Government Transportation Committee, 2016-2018
•Agricultural Production and Greenhouse, Ag. Chemicals, Nursery Container Yard, and Field Production Safety Instructor for Contractors, 1996-2000 and 2000-Present
•Candidate for Washington Parish Council - District 1, 1999, 2007, 2015
•Holly Springs Agricultural Center, Production & Sales Manager, 1996-2000
•Talley Forest Products, Inc., Timber Buyer, 1990-2000
•Beef Cattle Farm Operator, 1986-1995
•Completed socioeconomic profile of Washington Parish, 1995
•LSU Ag. Center Horticultural Dept., Scientific Research, Student Employee, 1993-1995
•LSU Poultry Science Dept., Scientific Research, Student Employee, 1990-1992
•Lifelong resident of Washington Parish, LA
Social / Extracurricular:
•4-H Leader for Ben's Ford Christian School Club, 2018-Present
•Press writer covering the Washington Parish Government/City of Bogalusa, 2020-Present
•BFCS Track Team Assistant Coach, 2020-Present
•Washington Parish 4-H Foundation, 2019-Present
•Member of Palestine Baptist Church, Salter's Chapel AME
•Advocate for responsible, sustainable, and profitable domestic agriculture, 1986-Present
• Alumnus- Alpha Epsilon Chapter of Alpha Gamma Rho (ΑΓΡ) social/professional Agricultural Fraternity, active 1990-1995, Vice-President 1993-1995
•Science Fair Judge for Ben’s Ford Christian School, 2008-2015
•Reading Fair Judge for Ben's Ford Christian School, 2016-2019
•Bogalusa High School FFA poultry judging coach, 2003
•Advocate to limit restrictions on rural agricultural private property in the Development Ordinance of Washington Parish, Louisiana, 2006-2007
•Washington Parish 4-H Achievement Day judge, 2008
•LSU Poultry Science Club, active 1990-1995, Vice-President 1992-1993
Licenses & Other Skills
•FDA Food Safety Act Training Certification, 2022
•USDA Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) Training Certification, 2022
•Completed and passed Louisiana Civil Service PET
•Completed and passed Louisiana Civil Service LEAP – 100% correct
•Louisiana Class D Chauffeur’s Driver’s License
•LDAF Private Applicator’s License for agricultural chemicals
•Computer literate in most common computer programs
•Proficient in various agricultural, commercial, and industrial equipment operations
•Basic knowledge of First Aid
•Owner/President and CEO of The RIO Company Unlimited, LLC.:
-Manage, supervise, oversee, and personally responsible for all aspects of the entity -Answer directly to the owners, of which, I own 50 % of the entity
-Responsible for acquisition and incorporation
-Constructed and designed specialized agricultural facility
-Acted as General Contractor during construction
-Manage production cycles and the creation of the transportation (delivery) models.
•Washington Parish Council- District 1:
I was elected by the registered voters of Washington Parish-District 1 (of seven Council Districts) and was personally legally responsible for the Washington Parish Government, answering to the Constituency of Washington Parish, serving as a member of the Legislative Branch- creating, repealing, and amending Parish laws (ordinances), taking official positions of the government (resolutions), and responsible for the approval of a $24+ million budget of taxpayer resources.
Transcripts & Recommendations Available Upon Request