At their meeting Tuesday (July 25, 2023) evening, the Franklinton Mayor and Board of Aldermen received a donation from Patsy Welch in memory of her late husband Mitch Welch. The donation was in the amount of $10,000 and to be used for the park.
In other business, the board
- introduced an ordinance to prohibit methadone clinics and new outpatient opiate substance abuse clinic treatment centers within the Town of Franklinton
- voted to approve the transition of Linda Payne from part-time to full-time dispatcher
- voted to approve the hiring of Drew Knight as full-time for the Police Department
- considered the ratification of the amount of the accepted bid for the park equipment. The Board voted to not approve the ratification. Click here for a separate article on this matter
- voted to change the speed limit on Bruce Street and on Web Street to 15 miles per hour
- voted to approve an alcohol permit for The Bridge Store
Scott Crain, an announced candidate for Washington Parish Sheriff, spoke to the Mayor, Board and citizens in attendance. See the video beginning at 49:00.
Public Participation began at 52:00 into the video.
Following comments from Board Members, the meeting adjourned.