The Washington Parish School Board began their meeting Thursday (November 10, 2022) with a prayer, the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag, and a rendition of our National Anthem by the Pine High School Chorus. The Board then recognized the Enon Elementary School Beta Club, the Pine High School Jr. High FFA and the Pine High School Choir. See the video for the presentations and details on the programs.
The Board then addressed other items on the Agenda, beginning at 19:00 into the video. (Click here for the Agenda). The Board
- approved the September 2022 financial statements
- approved the second allocations to schools for the 2022/2023 operations budget
- approved restricted allocations for some schools in lieu of paying for water/sewage
- approved a resolution to join the Louisiana Public Schools Risk Management Agency, an interlocal risk management agency through the execution of the interlocal agreement and adoption of its bylaws
- approved compensation for certified personnel with CDL's operating school buses
- tabled two items regarding applications for the Industrial Tax Exemption Program by Sunlight Road Solar and Bogalusa West PV I, LLC. Although the items were tabled, discussion of the matter began at 22:15 into the video and ended at 1:02:15.
- approved bids for surplus equipment
- approved bids received for the Thomas Early Learning Center
- approved bids received for Franklinton Jr. High School roof
- approved the Personnel Report and Transportation Adjustments
- heard the Superintendent’s Report (beginning at 1:05:40 into the video)
Following comments from School Board Members and remarks from the Board's Attorney G. Wayne Kuhn, the meeting adjourned.