- adopted an ordinance that set an age limitation of manufactured homes moved into Washington Parish
- introduced an ordinance revising the Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance. This will be up for a Public Hearing and vote at the August 23rd meeting
- introduced an ordinance to abandon 425 feet of Wilkes Road. This will be up for a Public Hearing and vote at the August 23rd meeting
- approved a resolution of appointment to Fire District No. 6 Board of Directors. Christine Whittington was appointed
- approved a resolution employing and providing compensation for special legal counsel to assist in the drafting of ordinances concerning utility scale solar projects and related matters
- approved a resolution for a second extension on the moratorium on the approval or permitting of all solar panel farms or utility scale solar projects, commercial solar power plants or operations similar thereto
- approved a resolution of declaration of policies and procedures of the Washington Parish Government for individuals’ privacy, civil rights and civil liberties.
Parish President Thomas reported on COVID-19 stats that included the number of positive cases (175) in the parish, one death last week in Washington Parish, 25 deaths in neighboring St. Tammany Parish, and a 35.43% vaccination rate in our region. President Thomas encouraged all to be vaccinated. Thomas also spoke on a campaign to improve broadband internet access and efforts to address the litter problem. See the reports by President Thomas and his staff beginning at 19:50 into video of the meeting.