After the Mayor and Aldermen returned from Executive Session (see video beginning at 14:00), the Attorney General's Opinion (see at https://www.mthermonwebtv.com/2021/02/attorney-general-opinion-issued-in.html) was accepted and action was taken with regard to appointments. A lot of good things happened and positive information provided but this was overshadowed by evidence of "a house divided". Alderman Sharp's comments described it pretty well at 41:55 into the video. Watch it all if you have time!
Highlights of the meeting include
- Presentation of Citizens Awards at 2:30
- Going into Executive Session at 6:05
- Returning from Executive Session and addressing appointments at 13:40
- Addressing the rest of the Agenda (important) at 19:40
- Remarks and questions from Johnny Daniels with the Era-Leader and responses from Mayor Route at 35:25