The Washington Parish Council meeting on Monday evening (June 22, 2020) was held in the upstairs courtroom in the courthouse in Franklinton and also used the Zoom alternative simultaneously for those who were unable or reluctant to join the in-person meeting.
- heard a report from Washington Parish School System Superintendent Frances Varnado (beginning at 4:20 into video of the meeting),
- introduced three ordinances regarding millage rates (beginning at 17:05 into video of the meeting). A Public Hearing and vote will be held on each at the next meeting,
- approved a resolution removing Williams Lane from the Washington Parish Road System Maintenance List,
- heard from Frankie Crosby and others regarding an issue with road access in the Green Valley Subdivision (beginning at 22:55 into video of the meeting),
- heard from Patti Oppenheim, candidate for Family Court Judge, Division K (beginning at 32:10 into video of the meeting),
- heard from Ellen M. Creel, candidate for District Court Judge, Division J (beginning at 34:25 into video of the meeting),