- Two of the deaths (a 58-year-old and a 53-year-old) were reported to have underlying medical conditions, were Orleans Parish residents, and were being treated at Touro Infirmary Hospital and Medical Center in New Orleans.
- Four of the deaths (a 84-year-old, a 80-year-old, a 98-year-old, and a 92-year-old) were residents of Lambeth House, an assistant living facility in Orleans Parish.
- The seventh death is of a 72-year-old Jefferson Parish resident.
- The eighth death is of a 60-year-old St. James Parish resident.
- The latest deaths were a 44-year-old Orleans Parish resident with underlying medical conditions and a 91-year-old resident of Lambeth House.
March 19, 2020
COVID-19 Update (Louisiana) March 19, 2020 at 5:30 pm
The number of reported Louisiana cases continues to increase and now stands at 392. Two more deaths were reported since this morning's report, now standing at 10. Also increasing are the number of parishes with reported cases. This morning's report showed 17 out of 64 parishes. That number has grown this afternoon to 26 of 64 parishes.