The Mayor and Board of Aldermen will meet Tuesday (January 12, 2021) at 6:30 PM at the Franklinton Municipal Building, 301 Eleventh Avenue. This will be the first meeting of 2021 and of the newly elected Mayor and Aldermen. The Agenda is presented below.
Other items added to the agenda will be done by unanimous vote of the Board of Aldermen prior to the beginning of the meeting.
Call meeting to order
Prayer and Pledge
1. Approve minutes-December 8, 2020 Regular Meeting
1. Selection of Mayor Pro tem
2. Grant authority Mayor and Mayor Pro tem to sign on all accounts for Town
3. Appointment of Municipal Clerk
4. Appointment of Chief of Police
5. Appointment of Town Attorney
6. Appointment of Code Enforcement Officer
7. Appointment of Court Magistrate
8. Departmental Reports
9. Declaration of Fire Department 1994 tanker as surplus equipment
10. Grant authority to begin bid process on 1994 tanker
11. Set minimum bid for 1994 tanker.
12. Introduce ordinance to change the name of Section Line Road to Dr. James Stafford Drive.
13. Mr. Frankie Crosby to address the Board concerning the Town Charter
14. Appointments to the Planning and Zoning Commission
15. Review and authorize approval to ballot wording for March 20, 2021 election
16. Johnnie Daniel from Era Leader to address the Board
Town of Franklinton is an equal opportunity employer and provider