Following the amended executive order issued by Governor Edwards, I have made additional modifications to the workforce for parish government effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020.
- Washington Parish Government -Office will be closed to the public
- Logging and Occupational Permits call 985-335-1307
- Building Permits call 985-839-5456
- Washington Parish Public Works is in full operation and practicing workforce distancing. High risk employees have been self-quarantined
- Washington Parish Emergency Operation Center. Virtual Partial Activation. Main method of communication is voice communication 839-0434
- Washington Parish Libraries -Closed to the public until further notice. Staff available by telephone, Facebook and email. WIFI available at all locations. Online services available through website : washingtonparishlibrary.info. Library -985-839-7806
- Washington Parish Permit Office – Still operating. Franklinton – Call for appointment 985-839-5456. Bogalusa – Fees are being collected at Bogalusa City Hall Drive up only.
- Washington Parish Choctaw Landfill Rules have changed for disposing of garbage. Posted on WPG Website www.washingtonparishalerts.org. Or call 985-848-2920 for information
- Washington Parish Animal Shelter – Closed to the Public/Appointment Only. Contact Information : 985-205-2023
- Washington Parish Council - All meetings for the month of March are cancelled. Contact Council Clerk for information – 985-335-1313
Parish President Thomas would like to remind everyone to please remember the importance of hand washing, covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze and social distancing.
Additional information and guidance on COVID19 can be found at the following sites or by calling 211: washingtonparishalerts.org, bogalusa.org, cdc.gov, ldh.la.gov, oloah.org, rmchospital.com, gov.louisiana.gov