Two matters, both dealing with Fire District issues, saw the most discussion and comments.
- Washington Parish Fire District No. 7 was on the agenda for the Council to approve the holding of an election on May 9, 2020 to authorize the levy of a parcel fee. Representatives from the District addressed the Council as to the need for the fee. Parish resident Daryl Peterson questioned the need for the fee and the high cost of holding the election. Following discussion, the matter was postponed. (See video beginning 16:30)
- Washington Parish Fire District No. 1 was on the agenda for the Council to approve appointments to the District's Board of Directors. A number of residents spoke on the process and nominations. Following discussion, the Council voted to re-appoint Pamela Roberts and Rhelda Tetreau. (See video beginning 40:45; comments continued during Public Participation beginning 1:01)
- Nicolas Crawford with Cub Scout Pack 104 made a presentation,
- an ordinance to abandon .52 miles of Mitch Road was introduced and will be considered at the next meeting,
- an ordinance authorizing the termination of the Choctaw Road Landfill Venture with Bogalusa was introduced and will be considered at the next meeting,
- approved resolutions of appointment to the Washington Parish Fire District No. 3 Board of Directors and to the Washington Parish Tourism Commission,
- approved a resolution regarding an intergovernmental agreement to assist the Bogalusa School Board,
- approved a resolution regarding an intergovernmental agreement to assist the Town of Franklinton,
- approved a resolution in support of Tangipahoa Parish President Robby Miller for Region VI Executive Board Member of the Police Jury Association.
Kelvin Brown, a 10-year veteran parish employee, was sworn in as the Washington Parish Enforcement Officer.
Following Council Discussions, the meeting was adjourned.