- approved a resolution related to the 2019 Planning and Building Permit Fee Schedule,
- heard from Nancy McBeth, Director of the Washington Parish Council on Aging, regarding the transit program they operate. They have 9 buses (all handicapped accessible) and serve residents parish-wide while making about 1100 trips per month. The transit system has operated since 1983. Grant funds come from the Louisiana DOTD through Parish Government and to the Washington Parish Council on Aging. Listen to her remarks beginning 02:40 into video of the meeting.
- approved a resolution to file an application with the Louisiana DOTD for a grant,
- approved a resolution authorizing the Parish President to administer a Capital Outlay Project for the purpose of replacing the HVAC system in the courthouse,
- heard reports from Parish President Thomas and his staff. (See separate article)
- Councilman Fornea reminded everyone of the September 21st Home Rule Charter presentation at 10 am at the Pine High School gymnasium,
- Fornea also gave information on the impact that tourism can have on a parish with regard to jobs and sales taxes,
- The Council changed their meeting schedule for October due to the Washington Parish Fair. Council meetings will be held at 6 pm on the 7th and the 21st for October.
See video of the meeting on our Government Meetings page.