Also during the meeting, in addition to routine matters,
- the Council heard reports from President Thomas, Finance Director Graham, Public Works Director Wheat, and Transportation Manager Merritt.
- President Thomas introduced Kelsy Knight, manager of the Washington Parish Animal Shelter. Public Works Director Wheat provided additional information about Mrs. Knight, who addressed the Council (beginning at 26:15 into video of the meeting)
- President Thomas proclaimed July as Antique Automobile Appreciation Month and presented the proclamation to Chat Jones (beginning at 31:25 into video of the meeting)
- Finance Director Graham recognized her team of Kristen Spears, Patrick Galavan, Ashley Sumrall, Melissa Bateman, Charlotte Lewis, and Brad Toney (beginning at 34:30 into video of the meeting)
- Transportation Manager recognized the outstanding work done by the road crews and President Thomas echoed his sentiments (beginning at 41:15 into video of the meeting)
- heard a report from a resident requesting repair of Fisher and Bonner Creek roads (beginning at 24:00 into video of the meeting)
- the Council approved a resolution naming The Era Leader as the parish's Official Journal