A recommendation was made by Alderman Butler that the Board's attorney review documentation and report back to the Board. Aldermen Daniel and Sharp suggested approving the bid pending the review of documentation. No vote was taken to approve the bid.
In other business, Aldermen
- held a Public Hearing and then voted to approve an ordinance that establishes fines for the use of cell phones outside of school zones,
- heard a report from Jay Pittman with Spangler Engineering about a problem with treated sewerage water backing up near the discharge point. He proposed using funds remaining from previous grant funds,
- heard administrative and fire department reports,
- introduced an ordinance to increase monthly sanitation rates by 40 cents to $16.20,
- introduced an ordinance to amend closing hours for alcohol establishments. The ordinance will have the establishments close from midnight to 6:00 AM,
- introduced an ordinance to amend the requirements related to daiquiri container markings,
- heard from the daughter of an elderly Franklinton resident regarding a drainage problem.