• Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Proficiency using computer-based applications
• 24/7 emergency availability
• Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively
• Ability to work independently, efficiently, in an organized manner
• Ability and desire to maintain accurate records
• Detail oriented, professional, reliable
• Proficiency in working with social media, internet, email in the workplace
• Thorough knowledge of Parish and local municipal animal control laws
• General knowledge of proper humane techniques used in handling animals
• Successful completion of the Louisiana Animal Control Association Certification Academy or National Animal Control Association Training Program prior to appointment or within one year of appointment.
Interested candidates may submit a resume and request an application from Patrick Galivan at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 985-335-1304. Applications will be accepted until April 8th, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
After close of the application period a series of applicable online test will be administered. Applicants receiving passing scores will be scheduled for an interview.
Washington Parish Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we offer employment free from discrimination based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability or Age.