In other business, the Aldermen
- approved a zoning change to facilitate the location of a new business, Tractor Supply Retail Store. It will be built near Magee Autoplex on Highway 10 east of Franklinton.
- approved a resolution requesting LA DOTD, Division of Aviation to provide funds required to complete airport improvements.
- approved the hiring of Ellen Waskom to begin training to fill the Municipal Clerk position upon the retirement of Merty Fitzmorris.
- accepted the retirement of Christopher Jones from the Fire Department.
- announced Trick or Treat hours to be from 6 pm to 8 pm on October 31st.