- an intergovernmental agreement was authorized to assist the City of Bogalusa with labor and equipment towards driveway, parking area, road rehabilitation, drainage, and flood control. This IGA is an ongoing one with Bogalusa providing paying for materials. In addition, this authorizes the repairs to the Davenport Bridge, that has been closed for some time.
- a resolution was passed ratifying a contract for additional mountain bike trails at the Bogue Chitto State Park and is being funded by a grant from the Louisiana Office of Parks.
In addition, the Council
- approved a resolution extending the changing of certain polling places. See https://www.mthermonwebtv.com/2020/09/changes-in-polling-places-in-washington.html for those locations
- heard a report from Parish President Richard Thomas that, for the week of January 31 – February 5, there were 93 new cases of Covid-19 and 6 deaths, bringing the total numbers for Washington Parish up to 3,905 confirmed cases with 115 deaths
- heard a report from Public Works Director Ken Wheat and Financial Director Donna Graham
- heard a report from Transportation Manager Donnell Merritt (an amazing amount of work is being done). Of particular note, 647 bags of trash was picked up on parish roads. Litter on both parish and state roads has increased tremendously. See his report beginning at 19:30 into video of the meeting.
- Parish President Thomas and members of the Council recognized the passing of Darryl Peterson. Peterson was Chairman of the Washington Parish Republican Executive Committee, Vice-chairman of the Washington Parish Planning Commission, and a regular attendee and participant at Parish Council meetings.
- Everyone also expressed their wishes for a speedy recovery to Councilmember Joe Culpepper, who was absent from the meeting due to COVID-19.
Following comments from members of the Council, the meeting adjourned.