At the August 25, 2020 Franklinton Board of Aldermen meeting, the Mayor and Aldermen
- heard from Richard Ducote, Candidate for District Judge, Division J (beginning at 3:00 into video of the meeting)
- heard reports from the Police Department (beginning at 6:20 into video of the meeting), Administrative Department (beginning at 8:25 into video of the meeting), and Public Works Department (see separate story at http://www.mthermonwebtv.com/2020/08/franklinton-public-works-superintendent.html )
- heard a report (beginning at 38:45 into video of the meeting) from Jay Pittman with Spangler Engineering, regarding the town new water well. A lengthy discussion followed on how to pay for/finance the approximate $1.9 million project. Considerations included financing terms, possible reallocation of available but restricted and dedicated funds, and the need to bring the project to completion as soon as practical. In the end, a resolution was passed to authorize a loan application; however, the Board of Aldermen agreed to also schedule a Special Meeting to review and decide the best way to proceed.
- approved the renewal of alcohol permit for Don Juan's Restaurant
- heard from two residents, during Public Participation (beginning at 1:12:45 into video of the meeting).