/> Click the images above or below to visit our advertisers' websites or facebook pages. Political ads are paid for by the candidates and placements here do not constitute an endorsement by Mt. Hermon Web TV.

August 03, 2020

Tropical Weather Disturbances Today

Disturbance 1. Tropical Storm Isaias is passing well offshore the northeast coast of Florida but forecast to become a hurricane again later today. Maximum sustained winds currently at 70 mph. This is a life-threatening situation for those within the forecast path of the storm.

Disturbance 2. A surface trough of low pressure, located a few hundred miles north of the northern Leeward Islands, is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms.  Slow development during the next several days with a tropical depression possibly forming later this week. Forecast to move northwestward  at about 15 mph over the southwestern Atlantic today and on Tuesday, and then stall several hundred miles southwest of Bermuda by the middle to latter part of the week. Formation chance through 48 hours is medium at 40% and formation formation chance through 5 days is medium at 60%. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.