St. Tammany Parish Government announces the opening of six self-service sandbag locations beginning Sunday, August 23, 2020. All locations will have sand and bags provided. Residents are asked to bring their own shovels in case all shovels provided are in use. In addition, residents are asked to limit the number of sandbags to 15 per vehicle. The locations will be open from dawn to dusk.
- St. Tammany Parish Government Building - 21410 Koop Dr., Mandeville
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Airport Road Barn - 34583 Grantham College Rd, Slidell, La
- The Old Levee District Site - 61134 Military Road (Hwy 190) Slidell, La.
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works- Fritchie Barn - 63119 Highway 1090 in Pearl River
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Keller Barn - 63131 Fish Hatchery Road, Lacombe
- St. Tammany Parish Public Works Barn- Covington Barn - 1305 N. Florida Street, Covington
Residents are asked to clear any debris from culverts and drainage pathways, and to monitor the weather forecasts in the coming days through your local media outlets. St. Tammany Parish Government will have updates on Facebook and Twitter.