- Place space heaters 3-5 feet from combustible objects like blankets
- Plug all heating appliances directly into wall outlets, not power strips or extension cords
- Do not use stoves or ovens to heat homes
- Don't overfill fireplaces/wood burning stoves
- Do not leave candles/open flames (or space heaters) left unattended
- Have working smoke alarms in your home!
Click the images above or below to visit our advertisers' websites or facebook pages. Political ads are paid for by the candidates and placements here do not constitute an endorsement by Mt. Hermon Web TV.
November 12, 2019
State Fire Marshall's Home Heating Safety Tips
The State Fire Marshal's Office wants to remind all families of these important home heating safety tips as they ready for what is being predicted as the coldest temperatures of the season yet: