Current active projects being managed and totaling $6,710,881 include
- a $345,000 Capital Outlay Grant has been approved that will be used for the courthouse air conditioning replacement project,
- a new library in Angie is under construction at an estimated cost of $200,000,
- a courthouse sidewalk project in Franklinton is ongoing at a cost of $393,000,
- a $1,625,000 landfill cell #7 project is going on,
- overlay of Pope, Dollar, and Bonner Creek roads (7.82 miles) costing $736,000,
- a LGAP grant is being used to replace air conditioning for two cells at the parish jail totaling $52,881
- a HAZMAT grant of $1,846,000 will be used for window upgrades at the Franklinton Junior High School,
- funding in the amount of $1,513,000 has been received from FEMA to elevate houses.
In addition, Public Works Director Ken Wheat reported on substantial emergency preparedness funding that will be coming available, Finance Director Donna Graham reported that all funds are in a positive situation, and Transportation Manager Donnell Merritt reported on road maintenance and projects across the parish.
The reports by President Thomas and his staff begins at 8:15 into video of the meeting.