Here are FIVE things to know about the annual property tax assessment:
1. When is payment due? Taxes must be paid by December 31, 2018. Payments postmarked December 31, 2018 won’t incur interest charges.
2. Where may I pay my bill?
- Online: www.wpso.la.gov, click the Divisions tab and select Pay Taxes Online. or go to http://snstaxpayments.com/washington. WE ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO PAY ONLINE IF POSSIBLE.
- In person: Washington Parish Sheriff’s Office, 1002 Main Street, Franklinton, LA 70438 or Washington Parish Sheriff’s Office, 302 Mississippi Avenue, Bogalusa, LA 70427
- Regular Mail: Washington Parish Sheriff’s Office, Post Office Box 544, Franklinton, LA 70438. Make Checks payable to Washington Parish Tax Collector. Include the Assessment # on your check
- Overnight mail: Washington Parish Sheriff’s Office, Attention Property Tax Division, 1002 Main Street, Franklinton, LA 70438
3. What if I don’t receive a tax notice? If you don’t receive a tax notice by December 15, 2018, call the Sheriff’s Office Property Tax Division at 985-839-3434.
4. How was my property assessed? While the Sheriff’s Office sends the tax assessment, the Assessor’s Office is responsible for determining the value of your property. If you have questions about your assessment, call the Assessor’s Office at 985-839-7815.
5. What if I need to change my mailing address? Contact the Assessor’s Office at 985-839-7815.