In an update on the investigation, the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office advises that
- the intensity of the fire, is making this a difficult and lengthy investigation.
- FBI agents have been provided access to the entire case file and are reanalyzing certain pieces of evidence and information obtained during the investigation.
- STPSO detectives have narrowed down the time of her death based on video evidence, witness interviews, and digital records.
- After examining the weapons and projectiles found near the body, at least one of the weapons found cannot be ruled out as the weapon used to kill Nanette Krentel.
- The STPSO will continue to work with the FBI, State Fire Marshal’s Office and the St. Tammany Parish Coroner’s Office, until all leads are exhausted.
Click here for background on this case