In other business,
- the Council passed three resolutions: one supplementing the "No Thru Truck Routes" ordinance, one opposing proposed legislation to transfer adminisstration and collection of local taxes to the Louisiana Department of Revenue, and one authorizing President Thomas to obtain special counsel for opiod-related recovery claims.
- the Council heard an update from Public Works Director Ken Wheat on matters related to the animal shelter
- the Council heard from Frankie Crosby regarding the condition of Rod and Gun Club Road. The discussion of the matter once again highlighted the issue that the parish cannot fix roads that are privately-owned
- the Council heard a report from Finance Director Donna Graham on a successful surplus property sale
- the Council heard a report from Transportation Manager Donnell Merritt on work peformed during the month of March
Go our Government Meetings page to view video of the full meeting.